Friday, September 26, 2014

A funny thing happened on the way to the craft store.

View of our front field before an early summer storm.
If there is one thing you should know about me it is the fact that I don't get out much. Seriously, my interaction with the outside world off a computer or gaming console is usually limited to the quarter mile walk to the mail box, in which my only companions are the butterflies, bees, and dragonflies I stop to admire as I pass the fields and two overly excited catahoula/labs. So getting out and going to town is a big thing for me.


Today was one of those day long trips to town that I love to much. Not only did I get out of the house, I got to spend actual time with my fiance. By actual time, I mostly mean time together that one or both of us isn't glued to aforementioned computer or gaming console! I even had a list of things I wanted / needed to purchase on top of a list of places to go window shopping.

Fast forward pizza for lunch (second thing you should know about me, I love pizza) and the endless wandering at a bookshop, comic store, and pet shop, and you've found me at a craft store. I won't lie, I do purchase the bulk of my supplies online, but there's nothing like running into any random craft store real quick and walking out x amount of hours later wondering what just happened.

Today's random craft store happened to be Michael's.
Today's check list of things to buy was a new hole punch and a collection of vases and mason jars.

Craft version of Chop anyone?
While I didn't spend much at all, I certainly did end up distracted by all the pretty seasonal decor. How distracted was I? Well, take a look for yourself...

Black faux feathers, color googly eyes, light bulb buttons, cork rounds, one vase, and a hole punch.

If I hadn't written down what my plans were (five different projects going on here), I'd swear I gave instructions to a complete stranger to pick up a few random items. But you know what? I'm actually pretty happy with what I bought.

The feathers and googly eyes? A Halloween picture frame I've been dying to get started.
The light bulb buttons? The missing ingredient for my Holiday themed necklaces.
The cork rounds? I'm not really sure at this point but you can't tell me they aren't freaking adorable!
The vase? Vase painting experiment for a possible craft show display.
The hole punch? A much needed replacement.

(This entry of course has been exaggerated a little. I do get out much more than I let on, but those are usually tedious trips to the grocery store, post office, or midnight pizza runs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment