Sunday, October 19, 2014

THF Halloween Challenge 2014

So awhile back word started to spread about a n autumn/Halloween creative challenge over at The Handmade Forum. Halloween is October, autumn is November to me.

So this is what I started with two weeks ago. There's some scrapbook paper, mod modge, an assortment of paint brushes, an x acto knife, tissue paper, miniature terra cotta pots, googly eyes, resin flowers in varying sizes, aluminium flowers, skull cameos, glitter, plastic deco skulls, feathers, a wooden picture frame, acrylic paints, and acrylic paint pens.

After all that gathering, I hardly used anything I pulled together! I used the wooden picture frame, tissue paper, and of course paint, glitter, and mod modge. But instead of creating a gothic inspired garden frame with glittered terra cotta pots, feathery thorns, and to die for flowers, I went a little simpler to avoid ending up with a frame that would look like a tornado pieced together xP After digging around in my appropriately titled unfinished wood box, I knew the letters and peg would be perfect once they were all dolled up.

Speaking of a tornado. Every time I was about ready to head outside to apply an acrylic sealer, another tornado watch would pop up!

Of course my first attempts ended horribly and while the final product might not be everyone's cup of tea, I'm very proud of how it all turned out. I'm thinking of smaller versions to pass out as gifts for next Halloween. But without further ado, here's my spooky picture frame entry for The Handmade Forum's Halloween challenge.
Mod podge went everywhere while working on creating
the texture. If it weren't for all my mistakes, I doubt the
texture would have shown up so well.
A little ghost peeking around the corner. I had so many
ideas but I think this guy adds the perfect touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment