Monday, October 20, 2014

Etsy Tuesday - Flaherty Naturals

I've been wanting to do a little feature on Etsy artisans but for one reason or another, I just hadn't gotten around to it. After receiving my order from Debbie at Flaherty Naturals, there's no excuse for putting this off any longer.

I first met Debbie while signing up for the Shop Cleanse Challenge over at The Handmade Forum and since then have been building up a nice little wish list made up of her luscious lip balms, pampering body scrubs, and delicate lotions. Not only are her products made from certified organic materials, she takes advantage of her own garden and the very gifts Nature has given all of us. I may sound a little obsessive, but it's easy to see Debbie's passion in everything she does.

Strawberry lip balm from Flaherty Naturals.
A few days ago I purchased some Strawberry Lip Balm as an early birthday gift to myself. I'm a bit of a strawberry fanatic, if you ever had Mrs. Betty's strawberry pie or my fond memories of my grandmother and mother making me strawberry cake, you' understand exactly why I was so excited about opening the package as soon as I retrieved the mail. Real strawberries went into the making of this lip balm, there are no man-made preservatives or artificial fragrances.  Needless to say, it smells divine! My lips wont be chapped this winter.

Personalized, handmade gift wrap.
Talk about going above and beyond!
I also made another purchase but since it's going to be the shining addition to a holiday gift basket this Christmas, I don't want to ruin the potential surprise. All I can say is that I know it's going to be absolutely perfect. Debbie even offers a personalized gift wrapping service to add that extra something to each order. While I didn't purchase this upgrade, I was very fortunate to be on the receiving end of such a kind gesture. Her handmade gift boxes are just too cute! My lip balm really did feel like a birthday gift. And is just another reason why I have to praise Debbie for her excellent customer service. Did I mention I received cheerful and friendly updates about my order throughout the entire process? There was no way my order was going to be waiting in a hot mail box!

Healing Skin Salve "Handmade to
take care of life's little boo boo's."
To top this whole experience off, not only was I surprised with a very personalized letter thanking me for my purchase, enclosed was a sample of her Healing Skin Salve. Since I'm preparing for my first craft show (coming up soon!) I've been working away and leaving my poor fingers to suffer, what with all the saw dust, dried paint all over my hands, and the constant washing of said paint (and glue). After last night's little project, there's no telling how many paper cuts I ended up with by the time I went to bed. I try to be very mindful of taking care of my skin, but I won't lie, I do a pretty horrible job at it and if the silencing of my tormented fingers the moment I applied the salve says anything, it's just how how negligible I really am. And the smell! Oh, the smell is heavenly. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on some more, what with how much mosquitoes love me and my desire for another tattoo.

I believe the natural properties and benefits of herbs truly Feed The Skin You're In™ and I hope you and your family will enjoy my handmade beauty products that are made in small batches using Certified Organic and 100% Pure ingredients.
 To find out more about Debbie, you can find her on shop, Flaherty Naturals on Etsy.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, and I so pleased to hear that your lips love the lip balm and that you're hard working fingers welcomed the healing skin salve :) Let me know when you get your next tattoo and I'll send you a little jar to help with any ink sensitivities and bringing out the rich colors. Wishing you a wonderful Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete